Considering as a definition for dynamic glass, a surface where a specific transmission can be modified and induced by any kind of force/energy such heat, electricity, magnetic, light, etc. Dynamic glass can open many new possibilities and applications and a multitude of needs are there. All those applications, requiring different properties and specifications. Main benefits from dynamic glass relate to visual light comfort, light control and spectral modulation, privacy modulation and the most critical nowadays energy savings.
High variations of specifications for Dynamic glass need to be considered in light of the product/type application
- Transmission versus L* as dynamic glass is both energy control and light comfort
- Green houses: specific application where both energy and glare need to be considered
- Response times requirement variations for electronics applications and building type applications
- Dynamic glass specifications are currently tweak on geographical dependance
Key aspects needs to be considered for dynamic glass
- How to integrate dynamic glass in glass business (integrating electronic components)
- Dynamic glass and sustainability
- Bringing the window at the center of entertainment
Dynamic glass a must to come to combat climate change. How to democratize dynamic glass? How to ensure a limited impact to the planet? It must be simple and effective; low cost, and scalable.