Tampere is located in Southern Finland, 175 km north of Helsinki and it can easily be reached by train, bus or airplane. Below is info on how to get from the Helsinki Airport to Tampere by train or bus. You can also ask for assistance at the Airport’s info desk.
Trains between Helsinki and Tampere run every hour. For example, the Pendolino train from Helsinki Central railway station takes only about an hour and a half. The last train from Helsinki to Tampere during week days departs at 22:06. However, you can now travel by the train from Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Tampere without the need to go to Helsinki Central railway station.
Below are instructions:
- Search for a time table online before you leave for Finland via the link provided below, then enter from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to Tampere in the search field.
- The search results will show trains with one or two train connection/transfer options. Please select the train that has one connection/transfer option via Tikkurila station.
- You will be able to see the time the train will leave the airport, the transfer time at Tikkurilla Station and the long distance train to Tampere (Intercity train or Pendolino).
- Please note the number of the long distance train connection so you can see the departure platform at Tikkurila station. This will be indicated on monitors at the station
- On arrival to Helsinki Airport, first, take the commuter train from the Airport (P-train) to Tikkurila station then change to the long distance train to Tampere
- On arrival to Tampere train station, if you are staying in the GPD recommended hotels, they are all within walking distance from the station. No need for taxis.
Please search for the timetable via the following link https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/aikatauluhaku_en. Note that you can book and pay for the train journey via the same link.
Buses to Tampere from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport depart almost once an hour.
- For timetables and fares, please go to https://www.matkahuolto.fi/en/
- To locate the bust stop at the airport, please ask for assistance at the airport info desk
- On arrival to Tampere bus station, if you are staying in the GPD recommended hotels, they are all within walking distance from the station. No need for taxis.
Taxis in Tampere
The number of Tampere taxi service is: +358 100 4131.
Leaving Tampere to Helsinki by road or rail
GPD is arranging bus transfers from Tampere to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport for those that will be leaving on Saturday, July 1, 2017. Travel time approx. 2 hours. See the preliminary schedule below and book your transportation.
Bus departure times: 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00.
Follow the above instructions in case you may need to use trains.