When submitting an abstract, you will also be asked to submit your biography or personal introduction. The purpose of this is to give a very brief introduction of the author e.g. to show the author’s level of expertise and competence on the topic.
It should include:
- Current and past employer(s), position(s), responsibilities and relevant descriptions of these
- Current and past memberships in associations and other such organizations
Both abstract and personal introduction are needed to:
- Help in selecting the presentations for the conference
- Give more information about the presentation for readers at www.gpd.fi
- Help chairmen introduce the speakers to the audience