Objectives and Values
A Dedicated Forum with a Clear Objective
Glass Performance Days is a forum with a clear focus and defined objectives. It addresses the entire glass industry supply chain from researchers to architects, designers, glass producers, processors, equipment providers and end-users. This objective is met by providing, sharing, collecting and distributing current and future-oriented information on glass as versatile, safe and competitive material as well as connecting glass professionals worldwide.
The GPD serves the purpose of expanding the applications and use of glass through the application of state-of-the-art technology in all stages of the supply chain.
GPD Mission Statement
- To collect and distribute information
- To establish and stimulate co-operation between research institutes, universities and industry
- To stand out as a meeting place for establishing new contacts and the forming of networks
- To provide a starting point for future innovations and their commercialization
- To explore new applications for glass as a versatile, safe and competitive material
Transparency as the Guiding Value
The Glass Performance Days is founded on the principles of transparency, trust and objectivity. Practical business aspects underlie every realistic endeavor. The conference is therefore geared to create true competitive advantage. That, in turn, sets the stage for sustainable business dealings.
The GPD recognizes the fact that the true value of information becomes apparent only when it is shared. In this way the interdependency between the links in the glass industry chain are well served both upstream and downstream. Many new innovations are tested in the knowledgeable GPD forum before they are put into practice.